What: 21st Century Learning Skills & Engineer Design Process
Student learning environments are aligned with real world environments by integrating curriculum with 21st Century Learning Skills: Critical thinking and problem solving; communication; collaboration; creativity; innovation; life and career skills; and information, media and technology skills (GUSD, LCAP Goal 2).
Who: Grades 6th-Kindergarten
- 5th and 6th: Lego Mindstorms
- 3rd – 6th: 1-to-1 Chromebooks in classrooms
- K – 2nd: 2-to-1 iPads in classrooms, Bee-Bot Robots, Coding w/ Tickle and Kodable
How: Student Centered Learning / Teacher Supported Process
- Students engaged in critical thinking & problem solving
- Students creatively working on program goals, solutions
- Students always working in pairs, communication & collaboration is key
- Teachers & Students enjoying learning through exploration!